The Lord will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry, and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring. Isaiah 58:11
Please join us in praying for the Care Workers in countries that are being crippled by the drought in Africa.
- We have now begun serving a nutritious meal to the most vulnerable children 7 days a week in both communities, Matsinho and Macadeira, as well as providing breakfast for these children. Please pray for strength for the Care Workers as they continually sacrifice their time and energy to care for the children.
- Pray for the communities in Zimbabwe as food prices continue to rise and times are getting harder because of the drought.
- Pray that the Care Workers will not grow weary; pray the Lord will sustain them and give them hope to continue on.
- Water trucks have not been delivering water in some communities, so families and Care Workers are having to go to streams to collect water for cooking at the Life Centres, as well as for cooking in their own homes. Pray for strength, energy and health as it is an extra burden to collect this water.
- Some Community Based Organisations, like Siyathuthuka and Pfunani, are working hard to grow vegetables in gardens at the Life Centres. However, as the Care Workers are trying to save water they are becoming difficult to maintain.
- There is a desperate lack of water in the Swaziland communities – some Care Workers are having to wake up at 2 am to line up for the water hole in order to collect water for their own homes. After doing so they will spend all day at the Life Centre. Please pray for strength, energy and endurance for them.
- Care Workers in Bhandeni community are having to walk very far, sometimes even crossing the border into Mozambique, to collect water for washing. Pray for energy as they walk long distances, and for their safety, as there is ongoing conflict in Mozambique.